Looking for a dessert that wows, check out this gorgeous Nutella-stuffed Golden Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes Recipe for New Year’s Eve! These are made from scratch!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Golden Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes for New Year’s Eve
If you’re looking to ring in the new year in style, check out this easy to make from scratch recipe for Golden Ferrero Rocher New Year’s Eve Cupcakes stuffed with luscious Nutella! If you’re a huge fan of chocolate and hazelnut, then this cupcake recipe is for you!
As if Ferrero Rocher chocolates weren’t enough of a delicious of a treat, we elevated it by deciding to pair it with tasty vanilla cupcakes from scratch, stuffed with a spoonful of Nutella, and topped with homemade buttercream frosting with gold sprinkles for a memorable dessert everyone will certainly enjoy!
Where Can I Find The Actual Recipe Card?
If you’d rather skip all of my cupcake decorating tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the easy Golden Ferrero Rocher New Year’s Eve Cupcakes recipe, just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
What is Ferrero Rocher Anyway?
Made by Italian chocolatier Ferrero, Ferrero Rocher candies are fine chocolate and hazelnut confectionaries. Each of the spherical chocolates consists of a whole roasted hazelnut encased in a thin wafer shell filled with hazelnut cream and covered in milk chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.
Ingredients Needed to Make Golden Ferrero Rocher New Year’s Eve Cupcakes
To make these New Year’s Eve cupcakes, you will need the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Large eggs at room temperature
- Softened sticks of butter
- Vanilla extract
- Whole milk
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Gold sprinkles
- Ferrero Rocher chocolates
Keep in mind, all of the ingredient amounts you’ll need are in the printable recipe card below.
Kitchen Tools and Equipment Needed to Make Golden Ferrero Rocher New Year’s Eve Cupcakes
- Muffin pan with cupcake liners of your choosing (you can use regular paper liners or gold liners if you want even more gold gorgeousness
- Bowl set (you will need a small and a large bowl)
- Cooking spray
- Wooden spoon
- Paring knife
- Cookie scoop
- Electric or stand mixer
- 2 Rubber spatulas
- Piping bag with Wilton tip #21
- Cooling rack
How to Make Golden Ferrero Rocher New Year’s Eve Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners sprayed lightly with cooking spray and set aside. In a small bowl, use a sifter to sift together all dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and salt – and set aside.
In a larger bowl, cream together granulated sugar and 2 large eggs using a whisk. Add softened butter into sugar and egg mixture. Stir vigorously using a wooden spoon. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk into wet ingredients. Mix well.
Bake fin the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before proceeding to the next decorating steps. Use a paring knife to carve out a cavity in each cupcake, about ½ an inch in diameter and ½ an inch deep. Fill each cupcake cavity with Nutella.
In a small mixing bowl, beat together softened butter, confectioners’ sugar, and milk with an electric or stand mixer. Start on low and increase speed to high, adding more milk (only one tbsp at a time), if too thick. These ingredients will make up the homemade buttercream frosting.
How Long Do I Bake These New Year’s Eve Cupcakes in the Oven?
These cupcakes bake generally in about 15-18 minutes, depending upon your elevation and oven. Generally, cupcakes can be tested with a toothpick- if a toothpick comes out clean, it is done. You can also test cupcakes by touching the tops of them – if they spring back when touched, they are done and ready to come out of the oven.
Can I Make These For Other Occasions?
Absolutely! These Golden Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes would be perfect for a Golden Anniversary, birthdays, teachers, anyone who can appreciate these delectable flavors!
Can I Double and Triple This Recipe or Make in Advance?
Absolutely, you can make these in advance if needed! These cupcakes also double and triple quite easily! Simply hover over the “12” in the “serving size” area below and you’ll see a slider pop-up! Change that figure to any quantity desired and it automatically alters the ingredients to the sizes needed to accommodate how many cupcakes you’d like to make! Neat, huh? 🙂
What Goes With This Golden Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes Recipe?
You can easily pair these delicious recipe with our Countdown Cupcakes and our tasty Glitter New Years Cookies for a festive New Year’s celebration! Or, if you’re into sticking with the scrumptious hazelnut flavor, try serving these Nutella Martinis, Nutella Cookie Dough Rice Krispies Treats, Baked Nutella Doughnuts, or even Nutella Crepes recipes!
Nutella Cookie Dough Rice Krispies Treats Nutella Martini Nutella Doughnuts Nutella Crepes
Get the Printable Recipe for Golden Ferrero Rocher New Year’s Eve Cupcakes
If you love this Golden Ferrero Rocher New Year’s Eve Cupcakes recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback! 🙂
Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
Golden Ferrero Rocher New Year’s Eve Cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with your choice of paper liners sprayed gently with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and salt – set aside.
- In a larger bowl, cream together the granulated sugar and two large eggs.
- Add softened butter into sugar and egg mixture, stirring vigorously. Add vanilla extract.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk into wet ingredients, mixing well until well combined.
- Fill each lined section of the muffin pan with cupcake batter, about 2/3 of the way (approx. ¼ cup of batter) using a cookie scoop.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or the cupcake springs back when touched. Allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before proceeding to the decorating steps.
- Use a paring knife to carve out a cavity in each cupcake, about ½ an inch in diameter and ½ an inch deep.
- Fill each cupcake cavity with Nutella.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together softened butter, confectioners’ sugar, and milk with an electric mixer. Start on low and increase the speed to high, adding more milk (only one tbsp at a time) if too thick. These ingredients will make up the buttercream frosting.
- Scoop homemade buttercream into a piping bag with Wilton tip #21 attached. Frost each cupcake.
- Top each frosted cupcake with golden sprinkles and one Ferrero Rocher chocolate. Serve and enjoy!