This adorable and easy Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats Recipe is an easy dessert recipe using three ingredients, perfect for kids! Who wouldn’t love creating this fun treat with the new Elf on the Shelf Cereal!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats Recipe
How fun is it that the Elf on the Shelf people released a sugar cookie cereal in time for the holidays? This delicious Elf on the Shelf Cereal is a huge hit in our household! The kids and I decided to make some Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats in honor of this cereal’s release and because we have a hearty love of making Rice Krispies Treats and cookie bars. This is like the best of both worlds!
This is our first holiday-themed cereal treat recipe we’ve ever created! Can you believe it? With all the recipes we’ve created in the past, this is seriously the first Christmas themed? Wow! In the past, we’ve created:
- Nutella Cookie Dough Rice Krispies Treats
- Gourmet Fudge Rice Krispies Treats
- Jurassic World Rice Krispies Treats
- Unicorn Cereal Treats
- Valentine’s Rice Krispies Treats
- Minions Rice Krispies Treats
- Mermaid Rice Krispies Treats
- Toy Story Rice Krispies Treats
- S’mores Rice Krispies Treats
Pretty soon, I’ll be sharing our Elsa Rice Krispies Treats recipe too! Stay tuned for that one!
Where Can I Find The Actual Recipe Card?
If you’d rather skip all of my baking tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the easy Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats recipe, just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
Is this Cereal Treats Recipe Difficult to Make?
Absolutely not! Gather the kids for this one, it’s fun for adult and children alike!
Ingredients Needed to Make Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats
To make this fun Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
Keep in mind, all of the ingredient amounts you’ll need are in the printable recipe card below.
Shop Kitchen Tools Needed to Make Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats
This foolproof recipe is an easy one for you to make with your kids! It’s pretty tasty, too! A different flavor than normal Rice Krispies Treats!
How to Make Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats
Place your butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute or until melted.
Add the mini marshmallows to your microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula in-between each interval, until the marshmallows are fully melted.
Stir in the Elf on the Shelf Sugar Cookie Cereal until all ingredients are well combined.
Once cooled completely, lift the cereal treats out of the baking pan by keeping it on the parchment paper and transfer it to a large cutting board to cut into squares before serving. Use your large sharp knife to cut it into squares.
Do I Bake Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats?
Not at all! You don’t even use a stove! You just microwave the ingredients as directed!
Can These Cereal Treats Be Shaped?
Absolutely! You can double the recipe and spread the cereal mixture onto a large sheet pan with parchment paper lining. You can use your preferred cookie cutter shapes to cut out the cereal mixture before it’s cooled. You will need to spray your cookie cutters with cooking spray before cutting, though. Cutting them out before they’re fully cooled allows you to combine and re-spread the cereal mixture to make as many cut-out shapes as possible!
What Goes With Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats?
- Milk, obviously! Who doesn’t love cookies with milk? I know these aren’t exactly cookies, but they could be considered cookie bars since the flavor of the cereal is sugar cookie!
- If you’re looking to gift these to people, you could easily add them to your cookie tins or cookie boxes to give to friends, family, and neighbors, or wrap them individually in holiday-themed cellophane gift bags if you’d like!
Get the Printable Recipe for Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats
If you love this Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback! 🙂
Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
Easy Elf on the Shelf Cereal Treats Recipe
- 3 tbsps butter
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows
- 8 cups Elf on the Shelf Sugar Cookie Cereal with Marshmallows
- Place the butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave butter for one minute, until melted.
- Add the mini marshmallows to your bowl of melted butter and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring with a rubber spatula in between each interval until marshmallows are melted.
- Stir in the Elf on the Shelf Cereal until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the cereal mixture into a parchment paper-lined baking pan and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Once cooled completely, lift the cereal treats out of the baking pan by keeping it on the parchment paper and transfer it to a cutting board to cut into squares before serving.