For a cute and easy no-bake dessert, try this adorable Ladybug Lovebug Oreo Truffles recipe perfect for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ladybug Lovebug Oreo Truffles Recipe
I think it’s safe to say that we have a “thing” for ladybugs, or so it seems! 🐞Or maybe ladybugs have a thing for us? She finds the everywhere! Then one year, my daughter’s first grade class mascot just happened to be ladybugs. She also owned ladybug shoes as a toddler and has always been seemingly drawn to them. Last year, we created Ladybug Cookies and this year? These Ladybug Lovebug Oreo Truffles for Valentine’s Day!
Upon realizing just how much she loved these adorable ladybugs, I looked up their meaning. Were you aware that the ladybug has always been a symbol of good luck? Maybe you’ve seen them before outside and wondered why they crossed your path? Next time you see one, go ahead and make a wish – just like a shooting star! When you chance upon a ladybug, make a wish and watch it fly away and make your wish come true.
Where Can I Find The Actual Recipe Card?
If you’d rather skip all of my dessert decorating tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the easy Ladybug Lovebug Oreo Truffles recipe, just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
What are Oreo Truffles?
Also known as Oreo Balls, Oreo Truffles are an easy, no bake way to create a simple dessert using crushed Oreos and some sort of mixing element, whether it be softened cream cheese, frosting, condensed milk, candy melts, or more! They’re so easy create and customize based on season, theme, or occasion! For example, when we made our adoooorable Snowman Oreo Truffles, we made the truffles in 3 different sizes and stackable to resemble adorable snowmen! We also made Peppermint Oreo Truffles too!
Ingredients Needed to Make Ladybug Lovebug Oreo Truffles
Keep in mind, all of the ingredient amounts you’ll need are in the printable recipe card below.
Kitchen Tools and Equipment Needed to Make Ladybug Lovebug Oreo Truffles
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper, wax paper, or silicone baking mat (even if you aren’t baking these)
- Microwaveable bowl and small spoon to stir
- Large mixing bowl
- Food processor or blender to pulverize the Oreos, or if you don’t happen to have either, you can use a gallon-sized storage bag and pulverize the Oreos with a rolling pin.
- Rubber spatula
How to Make Ladybug Lovebug Oreo Truffles
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper and set aside. Crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor, blender, or gallon storage bag with rolling pin. Pour Oreo crumbs into a large mixing bowl.
Add softened cream cheese and fold it into the Oreo crumbs until both ingredients are well combined.
Roll Oreo and cream cheese mixture into small oval truffles, about two-inches in length and one-inch in diameter.
Place each truffle gently onto your lined baking sheet.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Remove truffles from the refrigerator and set aside.
Place red candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring with your small spoon between each interval until completely melted. Dip each truffle ¾ of the way into melted candy. Place back on lined baking sheet.
Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on each truffle (where it’s coated with melted candy) while the candy is still somewhat wet.
Dip the back of each candy eye in melted candy and place two on each Oreo truffle.
Allow to set for at least 30 minutes and serve. Enjoy!
Take a look at the inside! So delish, friends!
Do I Have to Bake This Oreo Truffles Recipe?
Nope! This is a no-bake recipe that’s super easy to make! Get the kids involved with this one, too! This is so much fun for kids and parents alike! Little ones can be involved in most of the process!
What Goes With This Recipe?
Why these adoooorable Lovebug Ladybug Cookies of course! I’ve even got a cupcakes version coming soon! If you’d like more no-bake Valentine’s recipes, try these Cream Cheese Mint Hearts, Valentine’s Rice Krispies Treats, or these Red Velvet Truffles, Heart Meringues, and other fun Valentine’s recipes such as Rose Sugar Cookies, XOXO Cupcakes, Strawberry Shortcake Pudding Cookies, or Heart Eyes Emoji Cookies. Check out my friend Mel’s M&M’s Rice Krispies Treats and Jenn’s Gingerbread Truffles, too!
Get the Printable Recipe Below!
If you love this Lovebug Ladybug Oreo Truffles recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback! 🙂
Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
Ladybug Lovebug Oreo Truffles Recipe
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper and set aside
- Crush Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor, blender, or gallon storage bag with a rolling pin. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese and fold into the Oreo crumbs until both ingredients are well combined and blended.
- Roll Oreo cream cheese mixture into small oval truffles, about two-inches in length and one-inch in diameter.
- Place each truffle gently on lined baking sheet.
- Chill truffles in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Remove truffles from the refrigerator and set aside.
- Place red candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring with a small spoon between each one, until completely melted.
- Dip each truffle ¾ of the way into melted candy. Place back on lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on each truffle (where it’s coated with melted candy) while it’s still wet.
- Dip the back of each candy eye in melted candy and place two on each Oreo truffle.
- Allow to set for at least 30 minutes and serve. Enjoy!