Looking for a new and tasty way to feed the family for breakfast? Check out these delicious and decadent Baked Nutella Doughnuts for breakfast!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Baked Nutella Doughnuts with Frosting
Every so often, I decide to surprise my kids for breakfast. Sometimes it’s sprinkles or chocolate chips in the pancakes, or even fancy blueberry pancakes. Sometimes it’s chocolate peanut butter muffins, or even a slow cooker breakfast casserole. But then there are the chocolatey surprises, like these Baked Nutella Doughnuts, that wake them up just a with a little excitement. It’s the little things that show I care that I think mean the most.
Baked Nutella Doughnuts
When I saw Amy’s recipe for Baked Chocolate Doughnuts, I couldn’t help but adapt it with my own special spin on it using my kids’ favorite, Nutella. Oh, how they love its hazelnut chocolatey goodness.
Baked Nutella Doughnuts Recipe
My kids could not get enough of these. Usually when things are frosted, my younger ones always lick the frosting off, and leave the cake or cupcake untouched. But these? They devoured them, frosting and all.
Baked Frosted Nutella Doughnuts Recipe
Once the frosting dries, it makes it easier to place into a container for another time. These also taste pretty magical heated up for 10 or so seconds in the microwave. Mmm.
Pair these with a hot cup of coffee, and you’ve got yourself a jammin’ breakfast for yourself, too.
You could also make some glazed strawberry doughnuts instead! Or check out more breakfast recipe ideas and more in my recipe index.
What do you think? Is this something you could easily make for your kids? If you love this Baked Nutella Doughnuts recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback! 🙂
CRAVING MORE CRAFTS AND DELICIOUS RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Baked Nutella Doughnuts
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Nutella or chocolate hazelnut alternative
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Nutella glaze (optional):
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoons hot water
- 1-2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325.
- Spray your donut pans with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In small bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients – milk, sugar, egg, butter, Nutella, and vanilla – until smooth.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture, whisking together until well-blended.
- Using a spoon (a teaspoon would probably be best), fill each doughnut well approximately 2/3-3/4 full (approximately 2-3 teaspoonfuls each).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until doughnuts spring back when pressed.
- Flip onto a baking rack to cool.
- If no icing is made, you can dust with confectioner’s sugar.
For the Nutella glaze (optional)
- Blend confectioners’ sugar, hot water and extract in a small bowl.
- Spoon in the Nutella and mix until well-blended.
- Dip cooled doughnuts in the glaze, twirling them around in a circle once before lifting, continually turning until it stops dripping.
- Set out onto a rack to dry.
12 thoughts on “Baked Nutella Doughnuts with Frosting”
You had me at nutella haha these came out so soft and indulgent!
Thank you so so much!
These donuts are amazing and I love they are baked. I had a donut pan I have never used and this was the first time baking with it. Will be making again.
Thank you! Right? I love baking donuts, they come out SO light and fluffy!
This donuts are SO good!! My toddler was thrilled. Can’t wait to make them again!
Thank you SO much!!!
I love Nutella and doughnuts so I had to try these. They were chocolatey and great to have with my morning coffee! Bonus: they were baked and not fried so I didn’t feel so guilty having a doughnut. 🙂
Yesssss!!! Thank you!!
I hadn’t used my donut pan in forever and these were well worth pulling it out. Absolutely delicious and so great with coffee.
Yay, I’m SO glad!!