As I mentioned in my previous post, I might be going Pecan Pie overboard here in the next month or so. The holidays are coming, and I’ve got Pecan Pie on the brain, and I was shocked SHOCKED to find there is very little experimentation when it comes to Pecan Pie. I mean, WHAT? Why? I aim to change that, and first up is my Pecan Pie Topped Waffles. This week’s mission as a Chief Waffle Officer for Eggo® was to create a fall favorite, and pecan pie most certainly is that for me.
Is it not GORGEOUS!?!? I would say “almost too pretty to eat” but COME ON! That’s Pecan Pie right there! LOL Heck NO I’m not just gonna stare at it, it’s going in my face, man! 🙂
Pecan Pie Topped Waffles
- Toast your Eggo® Cinnamon Brown Sugar Thick & Fluffy waffle until lightly golden brown and crisp, but not overdone.
- Warm up the pecan pie topping in the microwave, stove, or in an oven safe container (if you use a toaster oven, like I do)
- Place a dollup of syrup on the bottom of the plate to rest the waffle into.
- Spoon the pecan pie topping over top, spreading it into each of the crevices (as little or a lot as you'd like, that's why it's handy to have this stuff on hand) 🙂
- Drizzle generously with real maple syrup and serve warm.
Ohhhhh my gosh. As if it wasn’t easy and delicious enough to just eat the topping right out of the pan or the bowl (ahem), I go and put it on a thick cinnamon Eggo® waffle and DUDE! My mouth may have cried. It was THAT incredible.
If you’ve got someone who loves pecan pie like I do, surprise them with this for breakfast one of these days. Go ahead, make their day! I promise you, the hugs and kisses and thanks will be well worth it!
What could you create using Eggo® waffles? Enter The Great Eggo® Waffle Off! contest and visit Eggo® on Facebook for their contest app. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert, you choose what recipe to create and enter that could win you the $5000 grand prize (or several other prizes for runners-up, including cash or Eggo® products)!
Did you happen to catch my previous waffle recipes for Maple Cinnamon Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip, Mickey Mouse Waffles, Waffle French Toast, Chocolate Cream Cheese Waffle Fruit Bites, Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Banana Blueberry Waffles and Ice Cream Birthday Waffle Sundae with Biscoff Spread and OREOs that I made previously? Stay tuned for more wafflelicious recipes from me every Wednesday from today until the end of October as a compensated Chief Waffle Officer for Eggo®.