1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.
Last year, I wrote about my New Years anti-resolutions plans on Momicillin, how I didn’t feel people should make lists of resolutions of “improvements” they won’t keep, and that we should, however, reflect on our previous year of accomplishments with attainable goals to match or improve, coupled with experiencing new things or places. That’s my continued goal, anyway. Here’s what I originally wrote:
For 2012 I am going to do the same thing; celebrate what we accomplished in 2011 while looking forward to more life experiences and growth in 2012. Here’s my list of 2011 reflections and my “anti-resolutions” for 2012.
- In 2011, I wrote this post about a dear friend deploying that ended up being honored for the 2011 BlogHer Voices of the Year. It meant a great deal to me to be recognized.
- In 2011, I wrote my 1000th post. Here’s to one-thousand more!
- In 2011, our family went to DisneyWorld, again, for the DisneySMMoms Conference. In 2012, we’re hoping to do the same! Also, in 2011, I was a traveling fool, to Nintendo Headquarters in Seattle, to the Mom 2.0 Conference in New Orleans, to BlogHer in San Diego, to Gatorade HQ in Chicago, and much, much more. (Hoping this birth is easy, and I have a good traveling baby like I have had with Baby Dude, so that I can continue this trend!)
- In 2011, we announced baby number seven is on it’s way. (Other than this one’s arrival in late February/early March, we don’t hope to duplicate this for 2012. Or 2013. This is our last baby.)
- In 2011, I, again, had a more successful year blogging than I did last year, and did my first TV segment. Woohoo! (And this growth is something I most DEFINITELY hope to smash this again in 2012!)
- And, lastly, near the end of 2011, I hired a blog designer to revamp this site. Expect to see major changes this month that I’m really, really excited about.
More “anti-resolutions” for 2012?
- Start a couple fun new series on my soon-to-be newly redesigned blog, such as “How Do They Do That?” where we’ll detail how we do what we do with so many kids, to include humor-filled posts like, “Out of the Mouth of Husbands” and continue developing “Things That Make Mom Go Batshit”
- Continue putting myself out there, blog-wise. I want to grow as a person as well as a writer.
- I also want to (finally) learn my camera. 2012 will be the year I will learn all the fancy settings, dangit!
- Stay as active as I can through the last weeks of my pregnancy;
- Give birth to a beautiful baby boy or girl to complete our family, hopefully having a dream-like birth;
- Bounce back as soon as I can after I give birth and get back to kick ass fitness once more, blogging my process along the way for moral support;
- Travel more, especially with the family (we’re planning an even bigger family road trip this summer);
- Continue loving my family like there’s no tomorrow, never taking any person or opportunity for granted.
What do you think about New Year’s Resolutions? Do they motivate or intimidate you?
Never miss a thing! Subscribe today for all kinds of crazy parenting fun!