This is actually going to get broken up into 2 different lists this year, because I turn the big 4-0, and I have some things I want to do myself (as inspired by Danielle’s 40 before 40 list).
2016 Lisa’s List of Sh*t to Do Before 40
- Travel more. (NYC & FL in March so far)
- Go ziplining and not die. LOL 😬
- Go to a paint night at the local wine and paint place. I’ve been DYING to go for months, and I’m gonna do it soon, dammit!
- Girls weekend, for realsies. One at a spa, or something. Total pampering and relaxing, maybe? Or a retreat with blog friends? Not sure.
- Really delve into this book to understand using essential oils with chakras, meridians, and organs
- Delve more into learning reiki 😍😍😍
Redo my Young Living display in our home– DONE (this was before) Attend the 90’s concert– DONE
- Attend more concerts
Learn to really meditate– DONE Spa night, either at my house or at a friend’s house! (DONE TWICE! LOL)
2016 Family Bucket List
- Florida for summer vacation?
- Pay off more debt this year (Lisa’s student loans FINALLY DONE)
Redecorate a little in the playroom– DONE
- Enroll the kids in a ton of extra-curricular activities (so far DONE, more this summer)
- Clean out the superfluous crap, only keep what we really love and need
- Get back to crafting and baking together more often
- Work on completing the previous year’s lists
All-Time Family Bucket List
- To create and own my own parenting magazine
- See a Steelers home game
New Years Eve in Times Square(I’ve done this, but want to with my family) Own a home
- Set foot in every state (So far: WA, OR, CA, FL, GA, LA, TX, SC, NC, VA, NJ, NY, MA, MD, TN, IL, OH)
DisneyWorldand DisneyLand(I’ve done both, family hasn’t been to DL yet)
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Shop Rodeo Drive
- See the Hollywood sign
- See a pro baseball game (I’ve done this, but my family hasn’t)
- Have an article published in one of my favorite magazines
- Write a published work
- Hula dance in Hawaii (
or, in Florida. LOL)
- Live in a real city
- Run a marathon
- Participate in a Triathlon
- See a pro soccer game
- Earn enough money (personally) so that my husband can retire from the military to stay home to work with me (DREAM, OMG!)
- Learn to surf (on my feet, not body)
Parasail( I did this, but I want my family to try it) DONE! Ride in a helicopter(Hubs and I have done this, but the kids would LOVE this)
- Knit an adult sweater completely myself (that doesn’t suck)
- See a waterfall (and maybe swim?)
Ride in a limousineI’ve done this before, numerous times, but I want to do it as a family Own a fancy piece of “grown-up” furnitureDONE!
- Take a cruise
Meet someone famous
- Cross the Canadian Border
- Walk or run across the Golden Gate Bridge
Face-to-face interview with a celebrity(have done video before)
- Enjoy a meal in Paris with real French wine, cheese, and coffee
- Drink a mint julep on the front porch of a plantation house in the Deep South
Visit New OrleansI’ve done this, but I want to go back with my family
- Sail (without getting sick)
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Ski, even if only just once
- Visit the Bahamas
- Make clothes for each member of our family, even if only once
- Drive through the German countryside
- Take the train across the country
- Enjoy Italian food and wine while visiting Italy
- Make a scrapbook of our family accomplishing all of these
- Walk the runway
- Learn to throw pizza dough in the air
2015 Family Bucket List
(work in progress)
Florida for vacation– DONE! Busch Gardens with my brother & his family– DONE! Neon Run with my family!– DONE! Pay off more debt Learn to make a wreath– DONE! Create a gallery wall– DONE! Try juicing– DONE! Annnnd not for me lol Type-A in Atlanta (for Lisa)– DONE!
- Finish 2014 & 2013’s list
2014 Family Bucket List
(work in progress)
- (Lisa) Lose 20 pounds
- Disney Vacation this summer (!!!)
- Visit my brother and
parents in Florida(perhaps when we do Disney?) Done! Pay off my husband’s car (expected March 2014)!Done 3/2014 Redecorate the playroomand bedrooms
- (Lisa) Girls weekend
- Get professional family portraits taken
Get a new headshot taken. DONE at Mom 2.0 Dip my toes in the sand against the ocean (haven’t visited the ocean in a while)DONE! Pay off2 cards paid off so far! DONE! 3 credit cards1 more card.
- Trying aerial silks. That looks like so much fun!
- Finish 2013’s list.
2013 Family Bucket List
Pay off both our vehicles – One is paid off as of March 2013!DONE!
- Run a “color” race/5k with the kids
- Get family portraits taken (I took ours for graduation)
Purchase a ten-seater dinner table and chair set, used or newDONE 2/2/13 reveal here Finish redecorating the playroom Try a new food item – done! Fly kites with the kids– done!
- Run my first half-marathon (finally!)
- Enjoy a massage/spa day
- Go on a family hike
Build these shelves and reorganize the garage Get a bike to ride regularly and with the kidsDONE! 8/31/13 post here
- Learn how to do one new thing a month and write about it (possibly take classes?)
- Be published in a book or magazine (hopefully Southern Living or Parenting?)
- Craft for charity
Have a photo from one of my food posts featured on Foodgawker and TastespottingDONE! 1/21/13 This post was featured.
- Learn basic car maintenance and how to change a tire by myself
- Grow our own fruit and vegetables (must research what I can grow first)
- Read at least 5 books this year
- Donate every month to charity in some way
- Have a DJ dance party with my kids, or go to one.
Enjoy “High Tea” for the first time at MadHattersTea.comDONE!
- Build an elaborate sandcastle with the kids on a beach somewhere
Do something that scares meDONE!
- Learn to make fondant properly (ahem)
- Plant a tree (perhaps for our garden? A fruit tree?)
- Touch a dolphin &
interact with the StingraysDONE!
- Perform random acts of kindness on strangers with the kids
- Have date nights with my husband at least once a month
- Learn to make pasta from scratch
- Get back into creating art and get rid of our current art for mine in our walls
- Go to a Farmer’s Market once a month (if possible during winter?)
- Go rollerskating